Friday, January 4, 2008

I Feel Electric Pink Lumberjack Hat

As I post this post, I am wearing the Electric Pink Lumberjack Hat. Inspired by the fur lumberjack hats walking around this NYC (see right), I, Katiebeans, figured I could make something similar with a little more funk.

The Electric Pink started out as hdc in rounds with increases. The back and earflaps are dc in turns with 2 rows of grey in sc for the faux fur trim. The faux fur front flap is actually a "fur" stitch made using sc around a knitting needle. While I don't normally condone crochet hooks mingling with knitting needles, I was down with the result.
What do you think? Urban Lumberjack? Did I capture the style? The streets may not be ready for the funk yet, but you better believe my apartment is.

1 comment:

andrea said...

I love this hat. I'm working on one now but I'm not sure how you did the faux fur lining. Still googling that part!