Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pink Star Stitch Baby Beanie

Hi Tuesday readers!  Here is a new baby hat I crocheted for a friend of my future MIL.  See pics & detail below.
For the hat, I used Patons Beehive Baby Sport (not sure the name, but some kind of pink) and size F5/3.75MM hook.  I followed this pattern for a star stitch beanie.  After a row or two of star stitch after the increases, I did *7 dc, sk 2, ch 2* around for the ribbon.  Then I did 2 more rows of star stitch, and 1 row of sc.

For the ribbon, I used Lion Brand Micro Spun in French Vanilla and E4/3.5MM hook.  I ch 72, sl st to join, and 2 rows of hdc.  For the bow, I did ch 18 and 4 rows of dc.  The knot part I did ch 20 and 2 rows of sc.

No pattern really, but I hope it helps if you want to make something similar!  I hope it fits a 3 month old... I don't always get baby head sizes right.

Hope you have a great evening!

No comments: