Sunday, August 23, 2009

Picture Yourself on a Boat

Saturday I went shopping with Iron Martin, and I found this lace frame jewelry holder at Urban Outfitters on sale for $28. I thought it would be awesome for displaying my beach Polaroid pics, but I thought I could make a way cooler frame for way cheaper. (Online they are selling it for $19.99, originally $48!)So Iron Martin & I set sail for thrift shops to pick up the materials. We ended up at Housing Works, finding an empty frame for $1.50 and a shawl for $5! I hot glued the shawl to the frame: pure genius.We picked our fav beach pics, and I added a dot of hot glue to the back of each to stick them on the frame. We agree the shawl is cooler than lace for this since it looks more like fishing net. The frame is pretty junky, kinda like it was pulled out from the Titanic's wreckage.Clockwise from top right: me jumping in the ocean, Iron Martin soaking the sun, me on the fishing boat on the bay, Iron Martin displaying a crabby fished from the bay. Finally, here is a side by side of the frame I saw at Urban and the frame I made. What do you think??
Speaking of Polaroid pics, I almost spent $24 at Urban for Polaroid film expiring this past June. Damn you, Urban! That place highly appeals to my impulse-purchase sensibilities. Thankfully Iron Martin was there to talk me off the ledge.

2 comments:

Arwen said...

Hey - I have a few ugly (read: vintage) picture frames. I'll snap photos of them and if you want, I'll mail them straightaway for more of your creative goodness. They've been hanging out in my closet for three years and I don't think I'll ever use them. Interested?

Unknown said...

I am totally going to do this!! What a great great idea!! You are so creative.