Hellooo there! I can't believe I have something to show you tonight. I literally spent an entire craft day with Brooke working on hats with this yarn and created nothing. Zip. The yarn seemed easy, but it is so bulky, and nothing was working out as I pictured. Therefore, I was shocked to bang out this hat in less than three hours tonight. Inspiration struck in the form of some girl I see walking around near my office. Better pictures to come once I weave in the ends and clean up the pom pom. Pattern & initial pics below.
Makin' hats out of other hats:
Mister grabbing some yarn:
- Lion Brand Yarn Wool-Ease (Grey Marble & Blue-?)
- 8.00MM/L Hook
This is not really a beginner pattern so I am using a lot of short hand. Let me know if you have any questions!
- Adjustable loop
- R1: 12 dch
- R2: fpdch-dch in between dch around (24)
- Continue rows with fpdch and increase evenly by adding in dch until you have 64 fpdch
- I switched colors here
- 2fpdch-1bpdch around until hat reaches desired length
-Add in a couple rows of a new color if you like
- *2fpdch-1bpdch-2fpdch-1bpdch-2fpdch tog-1bpcdch* around (48)
- hdch in blo around (48)
- 1 fpsch- 1 bpsch around (48)
- Add a pom pom on top!