Monday, July 20, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

I sure hope you love pictures of my crochet projects! I am so excited and proud of my latest design. I have a bag of clothes to take to Salvation Army sitting by my desk at work, and I just keep taking things out of it. (You might remember me doing so with this dress.)

So I was thinking about this old-old skirt I had from senior year of high school, and I thought I could wear it as a strapless dress. I grabbed 'er out of the bag! (Side note: the only thing left now is a striped button down and a couple of headbands.)
Better yet, I could crochet straps and accents. I included hand-crocheted buttons to clasp the straps like overalls. I am SO lucky and happy that the skirt already had mini, crochet-sized loops at the top of it. Perfect!I wore the dress with a red belt for date night! I am working on a crocheted belt, but I think this looks totally cute!
I really need a name for this dress! Iron Martin and I did a lot of brainstorming, but we didn't love any of the names we came up with. Any suggestions? Here is a sampling of our ideas: Better Off Red, Red Red Wine, Skirt Flirt, Red & Butter, Redhead, Ain't Skirt, Skirt the Issue, RE-Done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I wish I could crochet.

Unknown said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!! I am so in love with it. How about "Midsummer Nights Fling" IDK..That sounds corny. hahahaha Still the dress is HOT HOT HOT no matter what you call it!

Arwen said...

Fleur de Skirt.

Also, you are unbelievably crafty and cool.